Bill of Rights
Kentucky Motorist's Bill of Rights:
If you were recently in an automobile accident be aware of your rights according to the laws of the state of Kentucky.
- No law requires you to get more than one estimate.
- You have the right to choose your repair shop. The laws of Kentucky state this is your choice.
- Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop. It is your vehicle and your choice where you get it repaired.
- If you are a claimant against someone’s insurance, in Kentucky the insurance company must provide you with a rental vehicle during the time your vehicle is being repaired.
- The insurance company cannot dictate which rental company you use. Kentucky laws states this is your choice.
- In the state of Kentucky there is no deductible on glass. This includes mirrors, headlights and tail lamps.
- If you had a child’s car sit in your vehicle at the time of the accident inform the insurance company. It may need to be replaced even if a child was not in the seat. Many manufactures recommend replacing the sets after an accident because of the possibility of unknown damage.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. Some shops lowball or underwrite estimates to get jobs in the door and then bill for the amount needed after the vehicle is in the repair process.
- An estimate is only a guide line not a final bill